This is the last week that I will be posting to this blog. It does not seem as if I have done a whole quarter's worth of these blog posts. I am sad to say that I am a bit happy it is coming to an end. I like that I have been trying to make people aware of the sick and twisted people in the world that would harm an innocent animal. The cases that I have found have shaken me to the core and left me several times with a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. I just hope that I have made even one person aware of the abuse that goes on everyday, in every neighborhood, in every city, and in every country. One person can make a big difference in an animal's life and well-being. Please do not hesitate to stand up for an animal that is being abused or neglected.
This week we go to Cleveland, Ohio where a man decided that because a dog alleged bit his dog and scared his family he was going to attach it by a leash to the back of his car and drag him down the street. I know that it is not right if this dog really did bite another dog and scare this man's family. However, there are better solutions than attaching the dog to the bumper of a car and dragging him down the road. I do not believe that any dog has the right to attack another dog or child, but there are resources out there to take care of these issues.
According to an eye witness that saw the dog being drug behind the car the dog was, "screaming and hollering, screaming and hollering." This is obvious cruelty to an animal. Somehow, the dog was released from the back of the car and some people went to help him. The man drove back through, stopped, showed no remorse, and said "Is he dead?" Then drove off.
The dog lived and is still currently looking for a new home. The people at the animal shelter said the dog has been very docile since he came in. They named him number 96. He loves to lick the vet technician's face. I liked that this one came with a happy ending. The dog seemed very docile and they are letting someone adopt him which is very good. I wonder if the man just claimed that he bit his dog to have an excuse to abuse the animal. If what he said is true, if he has his own animals they need to be investigated. One of the updates to the case stated that the man is not allowed to own any animals for five years. The man was convicted of animal cruelty.
http://www.pet-abuse.com/cases/12242/OH/US/
I just want to say thank you to everyone that took the time to read my blog and comment. I have enjoyed writing these every week even though I am glad it is over now.
No comments:
Post a Comment