Sunday, November 14, 2010

Circus...fun for the entire family or cruel and unusual punishment???

Here we are this week at yet another sick and twisted case of animal abuse. The video is not necessarily all that graphic just more disturbing. After seeing this and reading more into the reported cases of animal abuse at the circus, I will never condone anyone taking their children to see the circus. I did not like it before, but I sure do not like it now. This video shows people talking about how they treat the elephants in training. One man stated, "I am not going to touch her in front of a thousand people." Hmmm...Is there something wrong with that statement? If you can not treat an animal like that in front of a bunch of people why do you do this during training? There is something wrong here.

 Honestly, I have seen many videos where elephants go out of control and could severely harm someone. I think someone abusing one of these very large animals has to have a death wish. All it would take is for the elephant to be pushed too far one time and it could kill in an instant.  In my opinion, a lot of times the elephant is scared of what is going to happen if it tries to fight back.

A lot of people believe that animals do not have different personalities like humans do. I beg to differ. I have seen different personalities in every different animal I have ever come across. I think some people say that so they can feel better about abusing an animal. Some people might think that if they are all lumped in a group where they all think and act the same it is OK to abuse them.

There are a lot of sick people that profit from the mistreatment of animals and this is just not right! I will not now or in the future ever go to a circus. I do not care what kind of deal I can get. I will not be found supporting such barbaric acts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2KEjdcceng

No comments:

Post a Comment