Sunday, October 31, 2010

Would you wear it if it still had blood on it?

This week the story gets way more extreme and graphic. I must warn the site that is on here is not in itself graphic. What is graphic is the video attached to it. I was only a mere five seconds into it and I almost lost my dinner. I was thinking about leaving the link off of here because in a way I feel like I am glorifying what they do to these poor, defenseless animals. Then, I thought about it and decided that this is not glorifying to anyone. This behavior is disgusting and horrid treatment of these animals and does not in anyway make the people doing these things look good. If someone reading this should choose to watch the video, please make sure that you have not just eaten anything.

The animals raised on fur farms are held in cramped, disgusting in cages. When they are locked in cages, it is most of the time without food. If they are in the cage with another animal they often resort to cannibalism. If an animal is trapped in the wild, they may be left for many days suffering from "...blood loss, shock, dehydration, frostbite, gangrene, and attacks by predators." 


So, my question is this: Would you wear it if it still had blood on it? I know that I would never wear clothing that has come from an animal. I do not need to be "in style" that badly. Just the thought of having an animals skin on me gives me chills. (Not the good kind either). Can this fur trade be a legitimate business? I do not believe it can. There are so many laws in all countries speaking against animal cruelty. This is animal cruelty at it's worst.


I really hope that this hits home to people and maybe my little blog can make a difference in this big world. Even if it changes the thoughts of one person, that could be one more animal saved from this inhumane treatment. We, as humans, may sometimes forget that animals can feel pain just like us. (Or maybe some do not care). If someone were treating us this way the offender would surely get the death penalty. However, these animals are treated as if they are not appreciated. I do have to say that writing this blog has made me tear up some. I keep thinking about if I was being treated this way. This story makes me angry and sad.  I can not even discuss this video without falling into tears for the poor defenseless animals.


http://www.peta.org/issues/animals-used-for-clothing/fur.aspx

5 comments:

  1. I played the video for about 25 seconds and then shut it off. That was awful! I dont ever want to be in style if that is the outcome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could not even get past the first five seconds...I have never been one to like fur as fashion, but I will NEVER wear it after seeing that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. DISGUTSING! But, of course this site is bias (look at its source) and it definatley gets the point across. I have never been attacted to animal fur and I don't see how it makes a person more glamorous or appealing to wear it. I think that the only good reason to wear animal fur are for tribes people who not only wear it out of necessity but also use the entire animal for their survival. To them it is not fashion and they actually cherish these animals. I think that our country has become too consumed by vanity that they don't care to realize they are destroying a species that is so dear to this entire world. People are critical of foreign countries who eat dogs or cats but it is ok for us to slaughter a chinchilla for its fur: where's the rationality in that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, I've seen countless videos of livestock slaughter and I am always disturbed by them. This video may very well be the cruelest. This is shameful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It not only is the contents of the video that is horrid and disgusting but whoever is filming it is a horrible person and I would has a few issues themseleves.

    ReplyDelete